Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Ryan Freel

Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Ryan Freel

Post by Nomads44 on Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:16 pm

Freel had to be cut loose by the Cubs. Nice utility guy that can fly, can play 2B and 3B acceptably fine and I think all three OF positions.

I'd not mind seeing the Sox pick him up - I think he offers similar to and probably more than DeWayne Wise and his flexibility could prove very valuable while we wait for youngsters. I'd not even be afraid to catch the little sucker in a pinch!
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: Ryan Freel

Post by alohafri on Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:13 am

Nomads44 wrote:Freel had to be cut loose by the Cubs. Nice utility guy that can fly, can play 2B and 3B acceptably fine and I think all three OF positions.

I'd not mind seeing the Sox pick him up - I think he offers similar to and probably more than DeWayne Wise and his flexibility could prove very valuable while we wait for youngsters. I'd not even be afraid to catch the little sucker in a pinch!

He has always struck me as more of an infielder than an outfielder. If we were going to pick someone up to get rid of DeWayne (or Anderson), I'd prefer we find a real outfielder. Right now we seem to have kind of a glut of infielders.

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:02 pm

Nomads44 wrote:Freel had to be cut loose by the Cubs. Nice utility guy that can fly, can play 2B and 3B acceptably fine and I think all three OF positions.

Catch in a pinch?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Are you trying to get the KARK to back this move by claiming Freel could be one of my beloved 3rd string catchers?!?!?!?!?!?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:21 pm