Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Pirates Fire Sale

alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Pirates Fire Sale

Post by alohafri on Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:49 pm

Does anybody think we can package Getz or Nix and some minor league dope for Freddie Sanchez?

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

magic number

Post by frank bonifacic on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:34 pm

what happened to the "view posts since last visited" link
    just had to re-enter , change password etc to reply after first getting message " cannot reply" or cannot make new post on this forum

FB
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: Pirates Fire Sale

Post by alohafri on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:03 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:what happened to the "view posts since last visited" link
    just had to re-enter , change password etc to reply after first getting message " cannot reply" or cannot make new post on this forum

FB

I have no idea. I had to re-log in this morning for some odd reason. It is one of those things that makes this board so endearing. Wink
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:25 pm

I believe that every 30 or 60 days you have to re-log in, and then that's good for another 30-60 days. I've had that happen to me twice so far since this board began.
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:13 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:I believe that every 30 or 60 days you have to re-log in, and then that's good for another 30-60 days. I've had that happen to me twice so far since this board began.

Same here - once relogged in, the "view posts since last visit" feature returns.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:10 pm

Nomads44 wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:I believe that every 30 or 60 days you have to re-log in, and then that's good for another 30-60 days. I've had that happen to me twice so far since this board began.

Same here - once relogged in, the "view posts since last visit" feature returns.

Thank God. I was afraid that Kark had converted all of you and like a good Republican, wouldn't tolerate opposing opinions.

FB

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:55 am

frank bonifacic wrote:
    Nomads44 wrote:

Thank God. I was afraid that Kark had converted all of you and like a good Republican, wouldn't tolerate opposing opinions.

FB

it isn't the Republicans that want to bring back the (un)Fairness Doctrine. and you want to see opposing opinion being silenced, just watch how the left behaves on any college campus when a conservative shows up. And then Rob's favorites, the GLBT community, they are constantly trying to get hate speech legislation passed

The only thing the KARK can't tolerate is your leftist lies

Finally, this Great Nation of ours better convert back to the Christian, Conservative, Capitalist values if it wants to remain a Great Nation. And that means taking away Obama's rubber stamp in 2010. anybody how thinks this clown is doing a good job needs his head examined

So enjoy your 4th. If you even understand the meaning of the Holiday

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:02 pm

THE KARK wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    Nomads44 wrote:

FB

it isn't the Republicans that want to bring back the (un)Fairness Doctrine. and you want to see opposing opinion being silenced, just watch how the left behaves on any college campus when a conservative shows up. And then Rob's favorites, the GLBT community, they are constantly trying to get hate speech legislation passed

Finally, this Great Nation of ours better convert back to the Christian, Conservative, Capitalist values if it wants to remain a Great Nation. And that means taking away Obama's rubber stamp in 2010. anybody how thinks this clown is doing a good job needs his head examined

Right/ only Republicans understand independence, fighting for freedom and the rights of all. Democrats don't know anything about patriotism - even though the large majority of our representatives and Senators who are veterans, reside on the Democratic side of the aisle.

And they always seem to forget ( or conveniently ignore) the fact that our founding fathers were liberals -actually radicals. If they were around today the Republicans would want them arrested.

FB

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:48 pm

And they always seem to forget ( or conveniently ignore) the fact that our founding fathers were liberals -actually radicals. If they were around today the Republicans would want them arrested.

FB[/quote]

Radicals? ...maybe terrorists even

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:13 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:
    THE KARK wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    Nomads44 wrote:

FB

Right/ only Republicans understand independence, fighting for freedom and the rights of all. Democrats don't know anything about patriotism - even though the large majority of our representatives and Senators who are veterans, reside on the Democratic side of the aisle.

FB

Nice non sequitor Mr two face

I don't see me mentioning Democrats anywhere in my post. so typical of you people to put woirds in other people's mouths to set up absurd straw man arguments.

And just how were the Founding Fathers liberals? Did they believe in killing unborn babies, destroying marriage and rationing healthcare and carbon usage? I think not
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:46 pm

Chi-kid wrote:And they always seem to forget ( or conveniently ignore) the fact that our founding fathers were liberals -actually radicals. If they were around today the Republicans would want them arrested.

FB

Radicals? ...maybe terrorists even[/quote]

Actually our founding fathers were businessmen who tired of the British government dictating to them what they could sell and to whom.
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:55 pm

alohafri wrote:
    Chi-kid wrote:And they always seem to forget ( or conveniently ignore) the fact that our founding fathers were liberals -actually radicals. If they were around today the Republicans would want them arrested.

FB

Radicals? ...maybe terrorists even

Actually our founding fathers were businessmen who tired of the British government dictating to them what they could sell and to whom.[/quote]

The Teacher in you seems to come out.....Smile
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:11 pm

sox55 wrote:The Teacher in you seems to come out.....Smile

So, does anyone think we can pry Freddie Sanchez?
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:37 pm

alohafri wrote:
    sox55 wrote:The Teacher in you seems to come out.....Smile

So, does anyone think we can pry Freddie Sanchez?

I'd like to see 'em try. Getz and Anderson for starters with maybe the Yanks guy Marquez and something else?

P.S. Thanks for bringing this back to baseball. Everything seems to go political these days.

P.P.S.S. Kevin, My friend passed away sooner than expected, so I can now plan on being up at Sox park for Nomadsfest. There was earlier concern I might have to miss for a funeral. Guy was only 58 and cancer got him much too fast and much too soon. He was in home hospice less than a week, and had a hospital bed at home less than three days. I had tried to get hold of Joe Torre to send him something, but I waited too long. He was an Italian, a lifetime Yankee fan, and a Joe Torre fan from his Yankee managing years. My thanks to Roger for trying to hook me up with the Dodgers manager.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:53 pm

Nomads44 wrote:

I'd like to see 'em try. Getz and Anderson for starters with maybe the Yanks guy Marquez and something else?

P.S. Thanks for bringing this back to baseball. Everything seems to go political these days.

P.P.S.S. Kevin, My friend passed away sooner than expected, so I can now plan on being up at Sox park for Nomadsfest. There was earlier concern I might have to miss for a funeral. Guy was only 58 and cancer got him much too fast and much too soon. He was in home hospice less than a week, and had a hospital bed at home less than three days. I had tried to get hold of Joe Torre to send him something, but I waited too long. He was an Italian, a lifetime Yankee fan, and a Joe Torre fan from his Yankee managing years. My thanks to Roger for trying to hook me up with the Dodgers manager.

Since I can't help myself, maybe we could have sent Bum in his place!

Glad you will be able to make it, but sorry your friend passed away.

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:00 pm

Nomads44 wrote:

well maybe if the freakin bigot didn't tell outright lies about the GOP, then maybe I would have kept the talk confined to blago's cell
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:20 pm

THE KARK wrote:
    And then Rob's favorites, the GLBT community, they are constantly trying to get hate speech legislation passed

I'm resoundingly opposed to any and all hate speech laws and/or legislation. Whether or not they are being pushed by the gay community, I still don't want to deny them the same enjoyment of life I'm allowed to have.

Maybe if we're going to go back to the Christian, Convervative, family values kind of country for which you long, your GOP brethren ought to try walking the walk and practicing what they preach.

As for understanding the meaning of the holiday, shove it up your pretentious ass.

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:40 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    THE KARK wrote:
    And then Rob's favorites, the GLBT community, they are constantly trying to get hate speech legislation passed

I'm resoundingly opposed to any and all hate speech laws and/or legislation. Whether or not they are being pushed by the gay community, I still don't want to deny them the same enjoyment of life I'm allowed to have.

Maybe if we're going to go back to the Christian, Convervative, family values kind of country for which you long, your GOP brethren ought to try walking the walk and practicing what they preach.

As for understanding the meaning of the holiday, shove it up your pretentious ass.

the last line was meant for Frank B, so I'll leave the ass shoving to your neighbors
    TeleFrank
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by TeleFrank on Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:29 am

FB

I've noticed that on the first of the month some of the websites I use require this. I'm sure it's a security issue and not an evil plot.
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:26 am

TeleFrank wrote:

FB

I've noticed that on the first of the month some of the websites I use require this. I'm sure it's a security issue and not an evil plot.

Same here,a nuisance, but really no big deal.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:44 pm

THE KARK wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    THE KARK wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    Nomads44 wrote:

FB

FB

Nice non sequitor Mr two face

I don't see me mentioning Democrats anywhere in my post. so typical of you people to put woirds in other people's mouths to set up absurd straw man arguments.

And just how were the Founding Fathers liberals? Did they believe in killing unborn babies, destroying marriage and rationing healthcare and carbon usage? I think not

No. You didn't say Democrats by name but you made the comment about "it's not the Republicans" so WHO were you referring to?
    And if I or anyone has to explain how they were liberals, there is no hope.

And now I will get back to baseball as I went to our town's library sale and picked up a first edition with cover intact of "The Boys of Summer"

FB

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:30 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:No. You didn't say Democrats by name but you made the comment about "it's not the Republicans" so WHO were you referring to?
    And if I or anyone has to explain how they were liberals, there is no hope.

And now I will get back to baseball as I went to our town's library sale and picked up a first edition with cover intact of "The Boys of Summer"

FB

Liberal used to mean:

I DON'T AGREE WITH WHAT YOU SAY, BUT I WILL DEFEND TO DEATH YOUR RIGHT TO SAY IT

Ok, the Founding Fathers fit that definition.

However, today, the term liberal is often times interchangable with leftist or with statist. the Founding Fathers where anything but statists from the left. Read Mark Levin's book Liberty and Tryanny if your mind is actually open enough to read the definitions.

BTW, don't confuse the Christian, Conservative, Capitalist values that this Great Nation was founded upon with the brain dead RINO's that want to change the GOP to the Socialist-Lite Party
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:07 pm

THE KARK wrote: Read Mark Levin's book Liberty and Tryanny if your mind is actually open enough to read the definitions.

Will he get us Freddie Sanchez?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:57 pm