Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Who else thunk it

Who else thunk it

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:18 am

After Jones allowed the baserunner and Thorton came in, who else feared a 3-1 loss?

BTW, kudos to Robin for letting Sale start the 8th. Maybe this is a sign be won't pussify the starters as much this year

Finally, I miss the Keith Foulke days were he would have faced Butler in the 8th then closed out the 9th. I am still not sold on Reed.
    chisoxkid
    Disco Demolition Expert

Re: Who else thunk it

Post by chisoxkid on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:25 pm

This guy did. Actually I wasn't too happy with Jones coming in over Lindstrom or Crain to begin with, but after he gave up the walk and Thornton came in I wasn't feeling too optimistic. I think it's a contract year for Thornton though, so perhaps he coincidentally has a great year again. Also not sold on Reed, but since it's his first full year I'll reserve judgment on him until the end of the year.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:33 pm

chisoxkid wrote:This guy did. Actually I wasn't too happy with Jones coming in over Lindstrom or Crain to begin with, but after he gave up the walk and Thornton came in I wasn't feeling too optimistic. I think it's a contract year for Thornton though, so perhaps he coincidentally has a great year again. Also not sold on Reed, but since it's his first full year I'll reserve judgment on him until the end of the year.
    Isn't Crain on the DL? Or is he back? It's hard to think of Thornton as in a free agent year, since he's clearly winding down his career. Hard to imagine him with more than a 2 yr deal after this.

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:05 pm

It was one game, but Reed was unhittable yesterday. His ball was moving so much they didn't have a chance. If he can control it better, and not constantly put a runner on base with a fuckin walk, nobody will ever remember the "Jenks era"
    chisoxkid
    Disco Demolition Expert

Post by chisoxkid on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:28 pm

They didn't end up putting Crain on the DL after all, even though it sounded like he was headed there a couple weeks ago.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:56 pm