Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Mark Reynolds non tendered

Mark Reynolds non tendered

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:42 am

Doesnt he play 3B

Seems like a perfect fit
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Mark Reynolds non tendered

Post by Harry Caray on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:58 am

Tribune article yesterday where Hahn says moving Gordon Schmidt to 3B is HIGHLY UNLIKELY.

I hate it when Gordon has to WORRY ABOUT HIS BATTING AVERAGE and not constantly try and pull the damned ball to improve his "POWER" and RBIs.

HAS FUCKING WEED BEEN LEGALIZED HERE WITHOUT TELLING US?

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:56 pm

Maybe I just don't understand the game because I thought the only people that didn't have to worry about their battin averages where NL pitchers.

Another thing, when picking a defensive position, should the ideal be to place players in spots where they can excel as opposed to just being adequate? I realize there are times when necessity requires as to stretch your defense and move people around. But is 2013 really one of those situtions for the 2013 White Sox?
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:00 pm

Mark the CPA wrote:Maybe I just don't understand the game because I thought the only people that didn't have to worry about their battin averages where NL pitchers.

Another thing, when picking a defensive position, should the ideal be to place players in spots where they can excel as opposed to just being adequate? I realize there are times when necessity requires as to stretch your defense and move people around. But is 2013 really one of those situtions for the 2013 White Sox?

Look, Bobby is going to go on and on about Beckham so he needs to be ignored.

Beckham played more than an adequate 3rd base when he was there in his rookie year. Of course he is OUTSTANDING at 2nd base but when there are no trades to make or free agents to fill the spot something like this becomes a thought. Will they do it? Probably not, BUT they have considered it.

Bobby can go back to his football. Trades will be made next week so we'll see where the Sox are 7 days from now.

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:34 pm

John

I think the point is that Beckham's bat isn't going to improve by moving his glove to 3b. And why would you even consider moving a gold glove caliber player to a different position?
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:12 pm

Mark the CPA wrote:John

I think the point is that Beckham's bat isn't going to improve by moving his glove to 3b. And why would you even consider moving a gold glove caliber player to a different position?

Because his glove was very good at 3b and the Sox as of this moment don't have a 3bman. That's all.

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:20 pm

Because his glove was very good at 3b and the Sox as of this moment don't have a 3bman. That's all.

I think getting Mark Reynolds would be a great idea. Can you imagine the thrills seeing who strikes out more, Reynolds or oaf? They would definitely set a new record for K's by teammates. Plus, there an be arguments about how 2 guys who strike out 500 times between them are not the problem with the Sox offense.

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:47 am

Well it definitely makes more sense than moving Beckham and pinning your hopes on a rookie 2B that probably needs a full year at AAA.

Plus with Dunn and REynolds, think off all those pitches that would have to be thrown to get all those K and BB. That has to help the offense

geek

winstonage
    Andy the Clown

Post by winstonage on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:54 am

Mark the CPA wrote:Well it definitely makes more sense than moving Beckham and pinning your hopes on a rookie 2B that probably needs a full year at AAA.

Plus with Dunn and REynolds, think off all those pitches that would have to be thrown to get all those K and BB. That has to help the offense

Reynolds defense at 3rd, makes Teahan look like Brooks Robinson. Reynolds was moved to 1st because of his bad defense at 3rd. He hit a whole 23 HRS with all those strikeouts. I'll pass.

geek

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:18 pm

But with Dunn and Reynolds, they are sure to get corporate sponsorship for Kay Jewelers

Every pennant begins with K

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:25 pm

If they can be signed on the cheap, a Mark reynolds Chione Figgins platoon @ 3B makes all the sense in the world.

No sense giving up when you are only 3 out and have all that potential pitching
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:11 am

sox55 wrote:
    Mark the CPA wrote:John

What about the nonsense where Gordon could concentrate on POWER and RBIs from the #9 hole? Ever see his swing? What HAS he been concentrating on since he can't hit for average?
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:14 am

sox55 wrote:
    Mark the CPA wrote:Maybe I just don't understand the game because I thought the only people that didn't have to worry about their battin averages where NL pitchers.

Look, Bobby is going to go on and on about Beckham so he needs to be ignored.

Beckham played more than an adequate 3rd base when he was there in his rookie year. Of course he is OUTSTANDING at 2nd base but when there are no trades to make or free agents to fill the spot something like this becomes a thought. Will they do it? Probably not, BUT they have considered it.

Bobby can go back to his football. Trades will be made next week so we'll see where the Sox are 7 days from now.
    I heard Hahn say last week that EVERYONE was available in a trade!!!

MUSIC TO MY EARS, since this bunch has SUCKED EGGS for 5 seasons!!!!

Set up a table in the lobby like Veeck and UNLOAD!!!!
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:36 am

As far as football goes, I sure don't have the patience or religious devotion to the sad sack White Sox to ponder their pending fortunes all year long.
    Last I checked, they CHOKED a Division Title and nobody went to their games when they were in 1st place. They are not exactly capturing the imagination of this town.

nvich
    Kenny's Draft Choice

Post by nvich on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:01 am

Gordon Beckham wrote:As far as football goes, I sure don't have the patience or religious devotion to the sad sack White Sox to ponder their pending fortunes all year long.
    Last I checked, they CHOKED a Division Title and nobody went to their games when they were in 1st place. They are not exactly capturing the imagination of this town.

Become a Billiken baseball fan - at least they are all young.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:28 am

Congrats, again, NVICH.

Great Italian restaurants on THE HILL in St. Louis.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:28 pm