Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Slowly building the bench

Re: Slowly building the bench

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:38 am

Chi-kid wrote:How can you forget the sabotage ROBIN VENTURA did to Williams this September?

Maybe Cooper is a back-stabbing double agent??

My thinking exactly TImothy. My guess is that it was Cooper that convinced the organization that Danks had a higher upside then Buehrle. And Gio GOnzalez doesn't get traded twice without Cooper signing off on it. Plus, you think the great Cooper would have said he could have turned around Dontell Willis which would have forced Reinsdorf to approve the cabera deal.

Clearly the Willliams Sox dynasty has been sabotaged by Ozzie, Cooper & Reinsdorf. 3 guys Williams had no control over
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:03 am

THE KARK wrote:
    Chi-kid wrote:How can you forget the sabotage ROBIN VENTURA did to Williams this September?

My thinking exactly TImothy. My guess is that it was Cooper that convinced the organization that Danks had a higher upside then Buehrle. And Gio GOnzalez doesn't get traded twice without Cooper signing off on it. Plus, you think the great Cooper would have said he could have turned around Dontell Willis which would have forced Reinsdorf to approve the cabera deal.

Clearly the Willliams Sox dynasty has been sabotaged by Ozzie, Cooper & Reinsdorf. 3 guys Williams had no control over

How can you not add Ventura to the list after September??? He kept the Sox from Kenny's 2nd ring!!!
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:08 pm

THE KARK wrote:

And Gio GOnzalez doesn't get traded twice without Cooper signing off on it.

Excellent point!
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:31 pm

THE KARK wrote:

Reinsdorf DID approve the deal BUT he took too long and Detroit beat them to the punch. The problem being that the GM could NOT make the deal without Unkie Jer's blessing. THAT IS the PROBLEM that has NOT been fixed.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:41 pm

And it won't.
    Those TV shots of Williams in and out of Reinsdorf's suite before announcing the Youkilis trade were marvelous.
    They won their World Series in 2005.
    Unless somebody with a ton of money buys the team and figures out a way to make it relevant again, they will be gone eventually.
    The idea that the Sox have ALL OF THESE FANS, THEY JUST DON'T GO TO GAMES starts becoming more and more bullshit every season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:42 pm