Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Questimated payroll

Questimated payroll

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:37 pm

The KARK believes the 9 following guys will be free agents: Peavy, Floyd, Liriano, Myer, Wise, Hudson, Olmedo, Youklis and Pierzynski. I roughly estimate the payroll of the remaining 16 plus Danks and Morel puts the current payroll at $78mil.

So the White sox should have just enough money to overpay medicore, or in other words, continue the same half ass bullshit approach where they pretend more than contend.

Priority one should be to find a blue chip, or at least a teal chip, prospect at SS. And I don't mean Eduardo Nunez. Next, if Ramirez, is part of the young SS deal, Ramirez needs to be traded. After an SS, they need a young LH 1B or a young potential leadoff hitter.

BTW, all this youth could be with an ETA of 2014.

Finally, Sox need to decide what they have in Chris Sale. He is not a must trade, but I would be open to offers if it is determined he is just too skinny
    jfraser375
    Cash/Callison Fan Club President

Re: Questimated payroll

Post by jfraser375 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:45 am

I still think top management's mentality will be that they only need to improve the team's record by five games to reach ninety wins, and they would have gotten there this year if not for a late-season swoon (10 losses out of 12 games, or something like that). So I'm expecting some minor tweaking, but nothing major, since 90 wins probably earns a playoff spot in the new two-wildcard format, and we're seeing once again in these playoffs that the team with the best record tends NOT to win a championship. As you've often said, once int he playoffs, anything can (and does) happen.

Yeah, attendance is obviously an issue but, (a) you don't solve the attendance problem by trading ten wins away, (b) historically, the Sox best shot at good attendance has been to make the playoffs (in which case, attendance can be expected to improve the following year if not the current one), and (c) a different marketing manager might be the real answer to this problem.

Whether or not they re-sign Pierz will tell the tale, I suppose. I'm guessing they'll try real hard to do that and also go after Youk and Peavey if they can get those two at market prices (which should be greatly deflated from their most recent salaries).
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:37 pm

Watching Pierzynski on Fox TV. Seems he doesn't need some "GUARANTEE" from the goofball White Sox of a coaching or announcing gig.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:41 pm

jfraser375 wrote:I still think top management's mentality will be that they only need to improve the team's record by five games to reach ninety wins, and they would have gotten there this year if not for a late-season swoon (10 losses out of 12 games, or something like that). So I'm expecting some minor tweaking, but nothing major, since 90 wins probably earns a playoff spot in the new two-wildcard format, and we're seeing once again in these playoffs that the team with the best record tends NOT to win a championship. As you've often said, once int he playoffs, anything can (and does) happen.

Yeah, attendance is obviously an issue but, (a) you don't solve the attendance problem by trading ten wins away, (b) historically, the Sox best shot at good attendance has been to make the playoffs (in which case, attendance can be expected to improve the following year if not the current one), and (c) a different marketing manager might be the real answer to this problem.

Whether or not they re-sign Pierz will tell the tale, I suppose. I'm guessing they'll try real hard to do that and also go after Youk and Peavey if they can get those two at market prices (which should be greatly deflated from their most recent salaries).

If you are losing 2,000 season tickets right now, as rumored with a club that was in 1st place most of the season, minor tweaking does not cut it. People aren't going. They don't care. The style of baseball is dull as hell. Obviously the White Sox muddling through the A.L. Central does not appeal to a lot of customers or potential customers.

Kark is right...the approach is half assed.
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:03 pm

Welcome back! Where the hell have you been?

I agree the approach is half-assed, but I don't expect it to change right away.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:51 pm

I have been in NYC!!! I was tag along at GIRLS WEEKEND!!! They went to see Streisand......I suffered through Yankees games!

You would love this crowd. I was sitting with the REAL FANS upstairs.
    They lead cheers and chant, but when a Yankee screws up, they are brutally hilarious.
    Heeeeey Canooooooo...EAAAAARN YO SALAREEEE!!!!!
    Heeeeey ICH A ROWWWWWW...YOU AIN'T WITH THE MARINEAAAHS ANYMORE...WE PLAY GOOD HEEEEH.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:58 pm

jfraser375 wrote:Welcome back! Where the hell have you been?

The half assed approach is WIN NOW...half assed. Have 2 decent seasons every 10. There really is no wonder fans with sense never BELIEVED in this latest edition of BULLSHIT. Insanity is seeing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

One thing.....the Yankees are always in WIN NOW and OLD...and bumblefuck Swisher is a free agent...Hahn may be able to get 3 YOUNG players...NOT WIN NOW GOOFS...for Rios. The Tigers ripped the Yankees off and got Jackson and Scherzer for Granderson.
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:28 pm

Speaking of which, have they officially announced the Williams and Hahn promotions yet or how much involvement Kenny will have in the things we'd want Hahn doing by himself?
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:57 pm

I honestly believe Williams will put his feet on his new desk.
    Williams kicked himself upstairs to get the Hell away from this mess.
    I give Williams credit for some smarts, and I highly doubt he will stick his nose in, UNLESS ASKED.
    Williams has the cushy job now...go to some League meetings....have a few hot dogs with Reinsdorf in the suite...WHY BE STUPID ENOUGH TO WANT WHAT YOU JUST LEFT?

winstonage
    Andy the Clown

Post by winstonage on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:31 pm

Gordon Beckham wrote:I honestly believe Williams will put his feet on his new desk.
    Williams kicked himself upstairs to get the Hell away from this mess.
    I give Williams credit for some smarts, and I highly doubt he will stick his nose in, UNLESS ASKED.
    Williams has the cushy job now...go to some League meetings....have a few hot dogs with Reinsdorf in the suite...WHY BE STUPID ENOUGH TO WANT WHAT YOU JUST LEFT?

I don't know. This whole thing smells of Reinsdorf. I s Hahn the new Gar Foreman, deferring to Kenny the way Foreman does to Pax? This is typical Reinsdorf, promoting Williams when he should have fired him. I hope I am wrong, I had heard Hahn turned down the GM job in Houston, because he was promised a promotion here, hopefully with the autonomy that should come with being GM.

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:22 pm

jfraser375 wrote:Welcome back! Where the hell have you been?

2/5th ass is much better.

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:24 pm

THE KARK wrote:The KARK believes the 9 following guys will be free agents: Peavy, Floyd, Liriano, Myer, Wise, Hudson, Olmedo, Youklis and Pierzynski. I roughly estimate the payroll of the remaining 16 plus Danks and Morel puts the current payroll at $78mil.

So the White sox should have just enough money to overpay medicore, or in other words, continue the same half ass bullshit approach where they pretend more than contend.

Priority one should be to find a blue chip, or at least a teal chip, prospect at SS. And I don't mean Eduardo Nunez. Next, if Ramirez, is part of the young SS deal, Ramirez needs to be traded. After an SS, they need a young LH 1B or a young potential leadoff hitter.

BTW, all this youth could be with an ETA of 2014.

Finally, Sox need to decide what they have in Chris Sale. He is not a must trade, but I would be open to offers if it is determined he is just too skinny

Read the highklighted portion.

When the KARK is in CPA mode, he is spot on. PEAVY AND FLOYD AND SPANK THE MONKEY
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:53 pm

SPANK THE DAMNED MONKEY!!!

WHIP IT GOOD!!!

I will be elated if they somehow get rid of ADAM THE OAF DUNN!!!!!

YOU HAVE TO BE FLAT OUT CRAZY TO WATCH THIS FUCK STRIKE OUT ALL THE FUCKING DAMNED TIME AND TALK HIM UP!!!!
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:00 pm

Dunn isn't going anywhere. He just had exactly the kind of season Williams thought he was buying when he signed the guy up. And isn't Hahn the guy who negotiated the overpriced contract? These guys worship at the Adam Dunn altar.

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:21 pm

Actually, Dunn was suppose to produce at an OPS rate of at least 900. He barely made 800.

2013 MOTTO: PRETEND WITH PEAVY
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:15 pm

BELIEVE!!!!

SPANK!!!

PRETEND THEY CONTEND!!!

WISH!!!

HOPE!!!

QUOTE HAWK HARRELSON!!!

CROSS YOUR FINGERS!!!