Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Trade Rios and The Oaf to NY

Re: Trade Rios and The Oaf to NY

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:22 pm

jfraser375 wrote:So it's me, John, Sharpy (I think), versus you, Kark and what army?

THE ARMY OF EMPTY BLUE CHAIRS!!!!!!!

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:28 pm

jfraser375 wrote:So it's me, John, Sharpy (I think), versus you, Kark and what army?

Just for the record, I'd like to see them trade Rios, Oaf, Konerko and if needed, Alexei, and get the best prospects they can who will be at least, major league players.

I just do not think they can do it, just like last winter ...so therefore, i would build thru the draft and ride out the contracts, trading them in their free agency seasons.
    jfraser375
    Cash/Callison Fan Club President

Post by jfraser375 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:29 pm

Your idea empties even more blue chairs during the next 1-3 years. Do you honestly believe this organization will do that?

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:35 pm

jfraser375 wrote:Your idea empties even more blue chairs during the next 1-3 years. Do you honestly believe this organization will do that?

Its always darkest b4 the dawn.

And no, I doubt the Sox go YOUNGER CHEAPER. They will just continue to overpay mediocrity and the pull the same patchwork bullshit.

Heck, I even consider trading Sale and lt some other team figure out how to keephis skinny ass going for 6 months
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:37 pm

NOBODY IS BUYING TICKETS TO SEE WIN NOW SPEARHEADED BY THE AMAZING OAF, RIOS, KONERKO, A.J. or ANY OF THEM!

Save for Konerko and AJ...people hate this fucking team and the players on it. So what did this fucked up outfit do last year? They let the most popular player of all slip out of town with Ozzie!! None of the current players connect with the fan base in any meaningful way. How many kids do you see idolizing Oaf or Peavy? They are nothing more than mercenaries who brought their expensive wares to this team and promptly isolated everybody by not delivering on the goods. Rios is a prima-donna who should be traded NOW while he's got some worth. I'm with Kark on this...I see a significant decline next year. Ramirez makes you puke with his bat. Does Tank even speak English so he can talk with fans before games? Aside from not being all that great at playing the game, this is a pretty unlikeable bunch.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:55 pm

Trade Oaf to the Jacksonville Jaguars. Maybe they have a cornerback that can swing the bat.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:10 pm

Keep Rios, sign A.J., extend Konerko and 2 more years of Dunn!!

WIN NOW!!!

Anybody figure out yet that the Tigers played like crap and won the Division. By the way, Victor Martinez returns to the Tigers next season...Martinez, Cabrera and Prince Fielder...that is some pop.

Let's all get to Glensdale and RE-FOOL..RE-FOOL RE-FOOL!

Let's christen the 2013 voyage of the Soxtanic in Glensdale!!!

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:09 am

But the Sox are getting back John danks and Brent Morel!!!!!!

Maybe Morel can have another fingers and toes year. That should connect with the young kids. I have it on good authorize that you should take several months to teach children to count to 20.. This could coincide with Teachers Union Thursday. All teachers get in for 16% off.

Other promo's Sale Sunday. Make Chris your Sunday starter to protect his skinny little arm
    1/2 price hookie Wednesday, every Wed is a day game with $1 beers.
    Two drink Tuesday. Every fan gets his 1st 2 drinks free
    Monday Mourning Black Outs. Anybody dressed in black gets in for $5

ITS NEVER TO EARLY TO START BELIEVING!!!!!!!!
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:19 am

THE KARK wrote:But the Sox are getting back John danks and Brent Morel!!!!!!

Maybe Morel can have another fingers and toes year. That should connect with the young kids. I have it on good authorize that you should take several months to teach children to count to 20.. This could coincide with Teachers Union Thursday. All teachers get in for 16% off.

Other promo's Sale Sunday. Make Chris your Sunday starter to protect his skinny little arm

Home schooling is an option!
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:24 am

You have forgotten the burning desire Chairman Reinsdorf has shown to dominate the A.L. Central Division!!

BELIEVE
    SPANK
    DON'T CHANGE A THING!!!!!
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:46 am

Chi-kid wrote:

Just for the record, I'd like to see them trade Rios, Oaf, Konerko and if needed, Alexei, and get the best prospects they can who will be at least, major league players.

I just do not think they can do it, just like last winter ...so therefore, i would build thru the draft and ride out the contracts, trading them in
    their free agency seasons.

Actually, I'm with Tim and Bobby here BUT I want them to unload The Oaf in the same trade. If they get off of the "WIN NOW "scenerio this makes sense. If they stay with it, keep Rios and still try to trade The Oaf. SOME team MAY want 40+ Hrs and at least he showed us in 2012 that he can play a decent 1b so both leagues are in play.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:14 am

To think that this asshole White Sox team basically had the Tigers out of the damned Playoffs and shit the bed in typical White Sox style is a real pisser.

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:21 am

Gordon Beckham wrote:To think that this asshole White Sox team basically had the Tigers out of the damned Playoffs and shit the bed in typical White Sox style is a real pisser.

But you look at the Tiger's pitching staff and ask yourself how the Sox even stayed close? and that was when Velverde hadn't collapsed yet. I think the Tigers are a good argument that over 162 games, defense is extremely important, and maybe not so much in 7.
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:48 pm

The team witht he best record in baseball has one the championship only one time in the past eleven years. The best criteria for winning a marathon are different than for winning a sprint. Detroit has two stud starting pictures. That's deadly in the playoffs.

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:46 pm

alohafri wrote:

What are the options at 3B? It was Labor Day 2010 b4 you ran out of fingers and toes to count Morel's HR and walks. Pathetic

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:58 pm

jfraser375 wrote:The team witht he best record in baseball has one the championship only one time in the past eleven years. The best criteria for winning a marathon are different than for winning a sprint. Detroit has two stud starting pictures. That's deadly in the playoffs.

Why do you think the KARK was having wet dreams about Sale and Peavy in the post season. Shame they ran out of gas.

PS, add Beckham to the list who s/b shopped
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:02 pm

Kark, they were only five games off the magic number of 90 wins. Nice core of young pitchers who will likely get better from experience.

REFOOL!!! cheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheers
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:18 am

THE KARK wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

What are the options at 3B? It was Labor Day 2010 b4 you ran out of fingers and toes to count Morel's HR and walks. Pathetic

The Oaf for A-God!!......3B SOLVED for WIN NOW 2013!! Very Happy:D

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:22 am

The Oaf for A-God!!......3B SOLVED for WIN NOW 2013!! Very Happy

I know you are being comical here, but if the rumors that the Yankees would eat 90% of Arods contract are true, remember that Texeira came up as a 3bman, so he moves there, Oaf moves to 1b and if they want to throw in Rios for a ton of prospects, he replaces Swisher in RF....when you think about it, taking the money aspect out of the equation, thats not a bad deal for the WIN NOW Yankees.
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:28 am

Chi-kid wrote:The Oaf for A-God!!......3B SOLVED for WIN NOW 2013!! Very Happy

I know you are being comical here, but if the rumors that the Yankees would eat 90% of Arods contract are true, remember that Texeira came up as a 3bman, so he moves there, Oaf moves to 1b and if they want to throw in Rios for a ton of prospects, he replaces Swisher in RF....when you think about it, taking the money aspect out of the equation, thats not a bad deal for the WIN NOW Yankees.

Nope, I meant it. BLOCKBUSTER deal CAN be made, INCLUDING Rios and PROSPECTS!! As Len Johnson used to say during Bulls broadcasts in the 1960's...."IT CAN BE DONE!"
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:40 am

<<<I know you are being comical here, but if the rumors that the Yankees would eat 90% of Arods contract are true, remember that Texeira came up as a 3bman, so he moves there, Oaf moves to 1b and if they want to throw in Rios for a ton of prospects, he replaces Swisher in RF....when you think about it, taking the money aspect out of the equation, thats not a bad deal for the WIN NOW Yankees.>>>

That could work. I don't see Arods as a downgrade from a broken-down Youk. The Sox could stick Jordan Danks in rightfield. If Konerko comes back 100%, the team could still contend with their young pitching staff. And even if they don't they'd have some good prospects in their farm system to get them back in contention potentially by the next year. But I'm on the White Sox fanboy bus now and I say REFOOL! Use some of that saved payroll to get a better rightfielder.
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:51 am

jfraser375 wrote:<<[i]>>

That could work. I don't see Arods as a downgrade from a broken-down Youk. The Sox could stick Jordan Danks in rightfield. If Konerko comes back 100%, the team could still contend with their young pitching staff. And even if they don't they'd have some good prospects in their farm system to get them back in contention potentially by the next year. But I'm on the White Sox fanboy bus now and I say REFOOL! Use some of that saved payroll to get a better rightfielder.
    [/i]

Season tickets (most) REDUCED 30-32% ,day of game parking reduced to $20) according to a story just out in the Tribune!
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:56 am

John, are you on the 2013 Fanboy bus with me? I'm drinking the kool-aid.

Good article in today's Trib about the bullpen. Not only does it look good, they may have a pitcher or two to trade for a decent position player.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:07 am

sox55 wrote:
    jfraser375 wrote:<<[i]>>

[/i]

Season tickets (most) REDUCED 30-32% ,day of game parking reduced to $20) according to a story just out in the Tribune!

Why do I think mine will be in that small group of increased costs?
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:09 am

sox55 wrote:The Oaf for A-God!!......3B SOLVED for WIN NOW 2013!! Very Happy:D

Kenny always gets his man...5 years later! I think that is the reason the new GM hasn't been announced yet. Kenny wanted A-Rod and was waiting for this!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:41 am