Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Trade Rios and The Oaf to NY

sox55
    Roof Shot

Trade Rios and The Oaf to NY

Post by sox55 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:12 pm

"Swish" is a free agent and Bobby says the NY fans HATE him...........gee where do I recall something like that around here in 2008? I STILL hate him as a ballplayer. Anyway, here's a chance for Rick Hahn to make a major trade right off the bat, trading Alex Rios and maybe Alexie Ramirez but INCLUDE The Oaf and try to pry Brett Gardner and Eduardo Nunez and "prospects" in return. Send them one of our LH starters too if need be.

Re: Trade Rios and The Oaf to NY

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:20 pm

NO THANKS!!!!

GARDNER TURNS 30 NEXT YEAR, NOT a guy to build around. And I sure there are better SS prospects than Nunez, who is a hacker with little power
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:28 pm

THE KARK wrote:NO THANKS!!!!

GARDNER TURNS 30 NEXT YEAR, NOT a guy to build around. And I sure there are better SS prospects than Nunez, who is a hacker with little power

Gardner replaces Rios in the OF as a stop gap. It gives the Sox speed also. As far as Nunez goes, I just figure an IF for an IF, the KEY being getting NY "prospects" in the deal and subtracting a ton of salary. This would also allow Hahn to spend in the Free agent market JUST IN CASE Hahn has his own WIN NOW agenda.
    Laughing

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:57 am

WIN NOW has turned into an every other year prick tease.

Time to blow this mess up, forget about pretending in 2013 and get some real building blocks
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:34 pm

I never said I wanted Gardner in the continuation of the PIPE DREAM of WIN NOW. WIN NOW has cost this idiotic organization $700,000,000 and declining attendance for 6 years. The Yankees are not going to take the Fucking Oaf just like the Cubs have no need for Floyd.
    John is going to be at that fucking ballpark if Kark and I play left and right field.
    You want some clubs best prospects. Swisher is a free agent. Rios fits in nicely for the AGING WIN NOW Yankees.

John stares at empty fucking seats all season long and can't figure out this team needs a fresh start.

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:31 pm

Has anybody ever figured out the 7 draft picks the Sox should have gotten in the 1st 2 rounds of the 2011 draft if they would have went younger cheaper?

2012 is so similiar to 2010. Should have won but didn't. Now they either have to come up with a ton of cash to buy the missing parts, or realize the ods are against buying a championship and go YOUNGER CHEAPER.

The trade value of Rios & Ramirez has nowhere to go but down. Time to cut the losses and cash in these chips. BUT GET HITTERS!!!!!!! The Sox always seem to find pitchers but the lineup is pathetic.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:44 pm

THE KARK wrote:Has anybody ever figured out the 7 draft picks the Sox should have gotten in the 1st 2 rounds of the 2011 draft if they would have went younger cheaper?

2012 is so similiar to 2010. Should have won but didn't. Now they either have to come up with a ton of cash to buy the missing parts, or realize the ods are against buying a championship and go YOUNGER CHEAPER.

The trade value of Rios & Ramirez has nowhere to go but down. Time to cut the losses and cash in these chips. BUT GET HITTERS!!!!!!! The Sox always seem to find pitchers but the lineup is pathetic.

The Reinsdorf Catch 22 game. If the fans buy tickets, he will spend. Well, the Fans have not been buying tickets.
    The idea the Yankees will just TAKE THE OAF along with Rios and hand the Sox Gardner as a "STOP GAP" sounds like a trade out of the imagination of a Cub Fan.
    For the Sox to have followed your draft scenario, which I agree with and I am damned sure Nomads would, it would mean the Sox would have to take the BEST AVAILABLE TALENT in the draft slot, and not football players. Problem is, Reinsdorf goes CHEAP on the bottom and cheap on the very top. Reinsdorf takes a MORAL stand against Scott Boras and draft selection bonuses. Now the new C.B.A. has slotted bonuses for draft position. Reinsdorf can finally DO IT RIGHT. WIN NOW for devoted Fanboys is not working.
    jfraser375
    Cash/Callison Fan Club President

Post by jfraser375 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:05 pm

Given the fact Rios's contract price is higher than he's probably worth, what trade value does he have?

Go look at his numbers and tell me whether you'd take on that contract if you had a chance to grab him today from the waiver wire. If the answer is no, then why would anyone trade prospects for him?
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:11 pm

If the best plan for the White Sox is to draft better (with which I agree), then why is it necessary to sell off players and make the club a 70 game winner for the next year or two? Go ahead and improve your drafting and player development and play the guys you have until their contracts expire. Nobody is going to give much for Dunn and Rios anyway, because of they're overpaid. Play out the contracts and develop the farms system simultaneously. The two concepts are not mutually exclusive.

I would trade Ramirez though, because (a) he probably would bring something good and (b) the guy fucking annoys me.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:12 pm

The Yankees waste money. Swisher is a free agent. If I am the Yankees I want RIOS and his deal.
    IF THE YANKEES OFFER SWISHER A CONTRACT THEY ARE NUTS.

RIOS is coming off a great BALLPLAYER season, not a MONEYBALL season that the great Swisher specializes in.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:13 pm

jfraser375 wrote:If the best plan for the White Sox is to draft better (with which I agree), then why is it necessary to sell off players and make the club a 70 game winner for the next year or two? Go ahead and improve your drafting and player development and play the guys you have until their contracts expire. Nobody is going to give much for Dunn and Rios anyway, because of they're overpaid. Play out the contracts and develop the farms system simultaneously. The two concepts are not mutually exclusive.

I would trade Ramirez though, because (a) he probably would bring something good and (b) the guy fucking annoys me.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:18 pm

The problem is it has been PROVEN that in Reinsdorf World they are mutually exclusive concepts and HAVE BEEN.

The Sox have funneled their money into the big league club...they don't have enough money to cover glaring mistakes like the Dunn and Rios contracts are.

DO WHAT BOSTON DID...ADMIT YOU SUCK, FUCK THE FANBOYS WHO PRETEND THEY CONTEND AND FREE UP MONEY TO BUILD A DAMNED FOUNDATION THAT YOU CAN FINANCIALLY CONTROL.

WIN NOW IS A FUCKING JOKE...QUICKSAND...learn to win by choking!!!
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:31 pm

With the new drafting rules, the Sox don't need as much money as they once did. Presuming Hahn is in our corner, he'll go to Reinsdorf and tell him how much money he needs for building the farm system over the next few years. I don't know that the team needs to start dumping player contracts in order to fund that.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:35 pm

The season Rios just had he was crushing the ball to all fields. His defense was surprisingly good.
    RIOS HAD A GREAT YEAR AND SWISHER STILL SUCKS!!!!

The Yankees can afford WIN NOW. They own their own CABLE TV NETWORK.

People attend their games.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:39 pm

jfraser375 wrote:With the new drafting rules, the Sox don't need as much money as they once did. Presuming Hahn is in our corner, he'll go to Reinsdorf and tell him how much money he needs for building the farm system over the next few years. I don't know that the team needs to start dumping player contracts in order to fund that.

When your farm system is consistently ranked in the bottom 3 of the Major Leagues, you can't throw enough money at it.
    Foreign Players are not subject to the draft.

DO YOU REALLY WANT ANOTHER SEASON OF THIS SHIT WITH THESE SAME PLAYERS WHO CHOKED THE DIVISION?

Who else besides you and John?

The Win Now dream is watching the same old shit and hoping the result will finally be different...THAT is a sign of INSANITY.

GRASPING STRAWS...LIGHTNING IN A BOTTLE. IT AIN'T WORKING.
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:43 pm

I like Rios. It'll serve you right if the Sox trade him to the Yankees and bring Swisher back to play right field!
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:44 pm

So it's me, John, Sharpy (I think), versus you, Kark and what army?
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:46 pm

Bobby, why the hell are you trying to trade the one guy on the team who knows how to hit??? The Sox need to build on that, not tear it down.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:50 pm

Seems to me the second half of the season when the damned team was in 1st place was pure torture, as exhibited by the posts on this board. The icing on the cake was a CHOKE where if the idiots just played .500 in the last two weeks they make the Playoffs.
    IT TOOK THE ASSHOLES 3 SEASONS AFTER A COLLAPSE IN 1967 TO CHANGE COURSE...TO GENERATE EXCITEMENT....THEY WENT OUT AND HIRED HEMOND, TANNER, HARRY CARAY AND TRADED FOR RICHIE ALLEN.

They wasted 3 seasons with nobody attending games.

DO YOU REALLY WANT THE SAME OLD BULLSHIT?

NOBODY IS BUYING TICKETS TO SEE WIN NOW SPEARHEADED BY THE AMAZING OAF, RIOS, KONERKO, A.J. or ANY OF THEM!
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:54 pm

jfraser375 wrote:Bobby, why the hell are you trying to trade the one guy on the team who knows how to hit??? The Sox need to build on that, not tear it down.

BECAUSE THIS TEAM IS GOING NOWHERE. IF WIN NOW DID NOT WIN THIS SEASON, IT AIN'T GONNA WIN. THE TEAM CHOKED. I WANT YOUNG PLAYERS. NOBODY BUYS A TICKET TO SEE RIOS. WHAT GOOD IS RIOS ON AN AGING TEAM THAT IS HEADED NOWHERE? IF I GET 3 MAJOR LEAGUE READY PLAYERS FOR RIOS FROM ANY SUCKER, I WANT THEM.

BOSTON TRADED THEIR BEST BAT TO THE DODGERS AND UNLOADED ALL KINDS OF BAD CONTRACTS WITH HIM.
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:54 pm

The 1967 Sox wouldn't have traded Rios. Like I said, he's the one guy on the team who knows how to hit.
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:57 pm

Rios isn't Gonzalez. No way do the Yankees or anyone else take on his contract AND give up three good players. Go look at his 2012 numbers again. You and I know he was actually better than that, because we watched every game. He had more screaming outs than anyone I've ever seen. The Yankees have their scouting I suppose, but it's pretty much just the numbers that they'll likely focus on.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:34 pm

Swisher has hit .158 in 8 post season series with the Yankees. Rios would look mighty good to them. They have SCOUTS who see Rios crush the damned ball. MAJOR LEAGUE TEAMS DO NOT JUST RELY ON STATS.

I just saw a 1ST PLACE team for most of the damned season that NOBODY gave a damn enough about to buy a damned ticket.

You can't keep showing THE TITANIC at the same theatre.

Rios's trade value will NEVER be higher.

He probably just had his CAREER YEAR.

Branch Rickey always said trade a player a year too early rather than a year too late.

I want 3 good YOUNG PLAYERS from the Yankees. When NVICH pops off about how stupid it is to trade the thriling Rios, just wonder how many damned tickets he bought to watch him.

The damned franchise is IRRELEVANT and DEAD IN THE WATER in this town. They choked and NOBODY GAVE A DAMN.

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:53 pm

The biggest reason the KARK wants to trade Rios is that I fear the Rios from 2009 and 201 wil return in 2013
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:02 pm

I think Rios figured it out. He was strong this year from start to finish. Not sure he ever had a year previous to this one where he was.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:47 pm