Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

June Meeting

sox55
    Roof Shot

June Meeting

Post by sox55 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:13 pm

As "scouted" by Terrye Cortesi..........Here is her review of the "meeting place" for June 16 - 7 pm. :

"The restaurant's name is Pier 5736, found at 5736 N. Elston. It is a seafood place with a number of options for those who don't go for seafood. Tuesdays, there is a selection of $12 specials.
    I ordered shrimp scampi (about $21) and took home tilapia Provencale for Mom ($12). Both were excellent.
    The only off-note was the stupid game.
    The owner of the place is a Sox fan and I have set up accommodations in the room with the TV set. I don't picture us moving our "base of operations" there but I could definitely stand a change of pace from our regular haunts.
    And with any luck, we can bring home a winner."

Re: June Meeting

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:53 pm

Food sounds good and maybe the Sox game will be rained out.
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:32 am

sox55 wrote:As "scouted" by Terrye Cortesi..........Here is her review of the "meeting place" for June 16 - 7 pm. :

"The restaurant's name is Pier 5736, found at 5736 N. Elston. It is a seafood place with a number of options for those who don't go for seafood. Tuesdays, there is a selection of $12 specials.
    I ordered shrimp scampi (about $21) and took home tilapia Provencale for Mom ($12). Both were excellent.
    The only off-note was the stupid game.
    The owner of the place is a Sox fan and I have set up accommodations in the room with the TV set. I don't picture us moving our "base of operations" there but I could definitely stand a change of pace from our regular haunts.
    And with any luck, we can bring home a winner."

Just reminder for next Tuesday for all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:52 am