Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Ramon Castro / Mets situation

Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Ramon Castro / Mets situation

Post by Nomads44 on Sat May 30, 2009 4:12 am

Heard on the radio driving into work after the Friday night game that the Sox had acquired Ramon Castro from the Mets for Lance Broadway.

Is Corky Miller hurt? Castro apparently has had some clubhouse issues with the Mets. Might be interesting to watch the comments out of New York now that he is gone.

Broadway another failed first rounder. Sooner or later, I guess we will have all the Round 1 embarrassments out of the system.

Might this be groundbreaking for another trade later if the Sox struggle. Konerko fits into the Mets well if Carlos Delgado is contemplating not coming back at all this year. Sounds like he might even be considering hanging them up.

Mets have a young tools SS (Wilmer Flores) blocked by Reyes who is being looked at as a future CF. I wonder if Konerko could bring this kid and more. But the way we are playing right now, Konerko looks like a needed piece for the next month or two to see where we stand. Not sure the Mets can wait that long.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: Ramon Castro / Mets situation

Post by alohafri on Sat May 30, 2009 9:58 am

Nomads44 wrote:
    Mets have a young tools SS (Wilmer Flores) blocked by Reyes who is being looked at as a future CF. I wonder if Konerko could bring this kid and more. But the way we are playing right now, Konerko looks like a needed piece for the next month or two to see where we stand. Not sure the Mets can wait that long.

I just don't understand why every team in baseball seems hell bent on converting guys from infield to outfield. If you want outfielders, go get outfielders!

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:06 am