Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Liriano

jfraser375
    Cash/Callison Fan Club President

Liriano

Post by jfraser375 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:51 pm

Two innings. Forty or fifty pitches thrown already. Is this guy a joy to behold or what?
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Re: Liriano

Post by sox55 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:46 pm

jfraser375 wrote:Two innings. Forty or fifty pitches thrown already. Is this guy a joy to behold or what?

A pitcher that Bobby can love!
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:51 pm

jfraser375 wrote:Two innings. Forty or fifty pitches thrown already. Is this guy a joy to behold or what?

I was at his no hitter. I was afraid they were going to have to postpone the game due to the league curfew!
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:06 pm

Now I see why the Sox feel the need to carry 13 pitchers.
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:26 pm

Sensational play by Ramirez. Where would this team be without that infield defense?

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:45 pm

jfraser375 wrote:Now I see why the Sox feel the need to carry 13 pitchers.

Yet he is 2-0 with the Sox and has 4 games with 2 or less runs that he has NO wins from. They treat him lke they do Peavy and Quintana- god forbid theyu gett him runs. Look at tonight. leave with 2 men on and one run in and agian he gets no decision.
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:56 pm

He's done well, Frank. The guy puts men on base over the place, but he's nearly unhittable. Not even Liriano knows where his pitches are going.

Coming into tonight's action, the Sox were 4 and 1 with Liriano starting. Probably the most successful of the starters traded at the deadline (Sanchez, Dempster, Greinke, etc) and for perhaps the cheapest price.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:06 pm

jfraser375 wrote:He's done well, Frank. The guy puts men on base over the place, but he's nearly unhittable. Not even Liriano knows where his pitches are going.

Coming into tonight's action, the Sox were 4 and 1 with Liriano starting. Probably the most successful of the starters traded at the deadline (Sanchez, Dempster, Greinke, etc) and for perhaps the cheapest price.

That was basically the point I was making. If he does nothing else for rest of year it would still be looked at as successful, but he seems to be getting inti it a ittle bit. He could still be the difference maker-even if Floyd comes back from his "muscle strain" in his elbow
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:20 pm

even if Floyd comes back from his "muscle strain" in his elbow

*************************************************************************************************

I believe this organization and the bullshit they spin like I believe the moon's square. When I hear this stuff I fully expect surgery with a one year rehab.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:32 am

What is the contract situation of this goof Liriano? Is he yet another rent a player?
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:51 am

frank bonifacic wrote:
    jfraser375 wrote:Now I see why the Sox feel the need to carry 13 pitchers.

Yet he is 2-0 with the Sox and has 4 games with 2 or less runs that he has NO wins from. They treat him lke they do Peavy and Quintana- god forbid theyu gett him runs. Look at tonight. leave with 2 men on and one run in and agian he gets no decision.

I bet the offense gets quite tired having to come back every five days from a first inning deficit during the Floyd starts.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:49 am

Pitchers like Liriano and Floyd force a team to use up their bullpens. In THE LONG RUN, guys with no command or control are a DETRIMENT to a team.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:28 am

frank bonifacic wrote:
    jfraser375 wrote:He's done well, Frank. The guy puts men on base over the place, but he's nearly unhittable. Not even Liriano knows where his pitches are going.

That was basically the point I was making. If he does nothing else for rest of year it would still be looked at as successful, but he seems to be getting inti it a ittle bit. He could still be the difference maker-even if Floyd comes back from his "muscle strain" in his elbow
    A guy with no command or control is now a difference maker!!!!
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:36 am

Steve Carlton Liriano, DIFFERENCE MAKER, is a FREE AGENT after the season.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:42 pm

Gordon Beckham wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:

My point-Peavy, Sale, Quintana, and then what? We need a #4 and a #5. Obviously Floyd is all over the board and will probably be on the DL. Humber has his own issues. They are bringing up Axelrod for Wed.

So yeah, lariano can be a difference maker. He came here as a #5 and we are 4-1 in games he started.sually you're happy ot have a #5 do something like 9-6 etc. If he continues to do what he has done even with his walks and slow pace etc.etc.etc. he can be the difference in how far we go.

I didn't revcommend him for the Cy Young award just that picking him up when we did and getting what we got is,I'm sure, more than YOU expected, isn't it?
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:46 pm

Gordon Beckham wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:

You think Liriano is scary, look who is now available: Roy Oswalt and/or Eric Bedard.

I think I'd rather have Ronald Reagan playing a washed up Grover Cleveland Alexander, or was it vice versa?
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:41 pm

Roy Oswalt? I'd feel more comfortable with Dylan Axelrod.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:20 pm

Liriano walks too many batters and is a disaster waiting to happen.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:35 pm