Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.


    Dont leave Toronto

    Share

    Guest
    Guest

    Dont leave Toronto

    Post by Guest on Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:54 pm

    Without Omar Vizque!!!!!

    Wouldn't you guys rather have Omar than Hudson? Plus it was be cool to get Omar a ring in his final year.

    The Sox have 7 weeks to build a veteran bench for October. Can't think of a better utility infielder than Omar Vizquel
    avatar
    sox55
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1869
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 61
    Location : Pleasant Prairie , WI

    Re: Dont leave Toronto

    Post by sox55 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:47 pm

    THE KARK wrote:Without Omar Vizque!!!!!

    Wouldn't you guys rather have Omar than Hudson? Plus it was be cool to get Omar a ring in his final year.

    The Sox have 7 weeks to build a veteran bench for October. Can't think of a better utility infielder than Omar Vizquel

    In a heartbeat!

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Dont leave Toronto

    Post by Guest on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:43 am

    I knew John would understand.

    16 dxays to subtract 3 pitchers and get a real bench. IDNT THE L win the All Star Game? That means we need some pinch runner forthose 4 NL World Series games. On 8/31 Dan Johnson better be replacing Septimo on this roster. Donnie Veal and Nate Jones also get cut as the KARK goes with a 10man staff for the Orl Series run

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Dont leave Toronto

    Post by Guest on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:06 am

    sox55 wrote:
    THE KARK wrote:Without Omar Vizque!!!!!

    Wouldn't you guys rather have Omar than Hudson? Plus it was be cool to get Omar a ring in his final year.

    The Sox have 7 weeks to build a veteran bench for October. Can't think of a better utility infielder than Omar Vizquel

    In a heartbeat!


    affraid
    Maybe he'll ask for number 4, as a tribute to Luke Appling!
    avatar
    jfraser375
    Cash/Callison Fan Club President

    Posts : 1424
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 64
    Location : Brookfield, WI

    Re: Dont leave Toronto

    Post by jfraser375 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:49 pm

    I wouldn't pull the trigger on Veal just yet.

    As for Visquel, how big of an upgrade would he be? Wasn't Hudson a gold glove winner? Doesn't Hudson have speed? We're talking bench players here. I don't see Kenny making a move unless Toronto is looking for a bag of balls.
    avatar
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 6166
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 63
    Location : Elkhart, IN.

    Re: Dont leave Toronto

    Post by Cream1953 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:24 pm

    I wouldn't pull the trigger on Veal just yet.

    ********************************************************************************************

    I agree Joe. Of this no-name cast of thousands out of the bullpen, I actually like what little I've seen of Veal. Nice mound presence. Of course this means that the next time he's called on he's going to get absolutely shellacked.
    avatar
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1688
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 68
    Location : Springfield

    Re: Dont leave Toronto

    Post by Nomads44 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:36 am

    Chi-kid wrote:
    Maybe he'll ask for number 4, as a tribute to Luke Appling!


    He might have to go through Aloha first.
    avatar
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2803
    Join date : 2012-02-07
    Location : Listening to Hawk in the Spankatorium!

    Re: Dont leave Toronto

    Post by Harry Caray on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:59 am

    Maybe the Sox can activate Minnie Minoso if the can't get Vizquel.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Dont leave Toronto

    Post by Guest on Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:32 pm

    Cream1953 wrote:I wouldn't pull the trigger on Veal just yet.

    ********************************************************************************************

    I agree Joe. Of this no-name cast of thousands out of the bullpen, I actually like what little I've seen of Veal. Nice mound presence. Of course this means that the next time he's called on he's going to get absolutely shellacked.


    When the kARK was single, he'd make a point of ordering veal on the 1st date

    Sponsored content

    Re: Dont leave Toronto

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:52 am