Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Chris Duffy

Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Chris Duffy

Post by Nomads44 on Fri May 22, 2009 5:12 pm

Good CF with wheels just got sent out to make room for Jody Gerut.

Does he do it for anyone? With the Pirates or Reds a couple years back, he looked like he might become something, but injuries really set him back.

I've not seen much of him since then. Any scouting reports out there of guys that have seen him play?

Re: Chris Duffy

Post by Guest on Sun May 24, 2009 9:39 am

Nomads44 wrote:Good CF with wheels just got sent out to make room for Jody Gerut.

Does he do it for anyone? With the Pirates or Reds a couple years back, he looked like he might become something, but injuries really set him back.

I've not seen much of him since then. Any scouting reports out there of guys that have seen him play?

Looks like the white Jerry Owens to me
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Sun May 24, 2009 10:12 am

THE KARK wrote:
    Nomads44 wrote:Good CF with wheels just got sent out to make room for Jody Gerut.

Looks like the white Jerry Owens to me

Certainly now he does, and he may never approach his number of his rookie season, but those were very good, and his minor league numbers I thought showed excellent OBP. I never saw him play much, but I don't think he is old yet. And I am not proclaiming him an answer to our problems, but if we cannot seem to settle on anyone (Anderson does just not seem to be getting the full time shot), maybe he becomes as good as any until Danks is ready.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:53 pm