Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Monday game

jfraser375
    Cash/Callison Fan Club President

Monday game

Post by jfraser375 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:33 pm

Sale looks good through six. Too bad the Sox are facing Cy Young.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Monday game

Post by Cream1953 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:43 pm

We're playing the Royals...therefore we suck.
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:46 pm

The Sox have been on a nice little run, winning something like ten out of twelve. But they've fallen into one of those ruts offensively where they only seem to score on home runs. It hasn't hurt them yet, obviously. In fact, as I type this, Konerko just hit one to tie the game. Still, a few innings with hits strung together and "crooked numbers" would take the pressure off the pitching staff.
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:03 pm

Anybody remember a pitcher tagging a runner out at home before, other than on a wild pitch?
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:10 pm

GORDON SANDBERG GOES YARD!!!!
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

HERE COMES OAF!!!

Post by Shooters Buffet on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:14 pm

Time for another meaningless HR and meaningless R.B.I.s for the STAT SHEET!!!
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:14 pm

Is his mom at the game????? Very Happy
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:18 pm

Damn, tough strikeout for THE OAF, but there are some stats to compare him with Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle!!
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:19 pm

Youk has been amazing. 27 RBI in 35 games with the White Sox. I'm tempted to put him on my signature and kick Dunn off, but nobody else is giving the big guy any love. I'll always be there for him. I love you
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:31 pm

I'll always be there for him. I love you

***************************************************************************************************

This is so touching I could cry. Sad
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:43 pm

Tank Viciedo wrote:GORDON SANDBERG GOES YARD!!!!

And about F---ing time!! Very Happy Very Happy

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:23 am

jfraser375 wrote:The Sox have been on a nice little run, winning something like ten out of twelve. But they've fallen into one of those ruts offensively where they only seem to score on home runs. It hasn't hurt them yet, obviously. In fact, as I type this, Konerko just hit one to tie the game. Still, a few innings with hits strung together and "crooked numbers" would take the pressure off the pitching staff.

Intreresting stats-don't know if from post game or radio this a.m. Sox hitting .306 with men in scoring position in last 15 (don't know if last 15 at home or last 15)

Their pitchers have held opponents to .151 with RISP in last 12

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:25 am

jfraser375 wrote:Youk has been amazing. 27 RBI in 35 games with the White Sox. I'm tempted to put him on my signature and kick Dunn off, but nobody else is giving the big guy any love. I'll always be there for him. I love you

Saw article that says they won't exercise option on him next year -of course it is for 13 million as opposed to 1 million buyout. Would be nice if they could work a deal with him but don't know what he would be looking for.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:28 am

Tank Viciedo wrote:Time for another meaningless HR and meaningless R.B.I.s for the STAT SHEET!!!

Not sure how meaningless an eigth inning homer that plated the winning run is???
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:09 am

What the Fuck are you talking about?

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:17 am

Tank Viciedo wrote:What the Fuck are you talking about?

You posted about Gordon going yard and in your next post talked about a meaningless homer and a meaningless RBI for the stat sheet, so I was questioning why you would refer to it as meaningless!
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:25 am

I was referring to OAF DUNN's at bat.
    Glad Gordon has his little band of die hard fans here, though.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:32 am

Tank Viciedo wrote:I was referring to OAF DUNN's at bat.
    Glad Gordon has his little band of die hard fans here, though.

OK now I get it. You were posting in real time as to what you were expecring form Oaf.

I still am a fan. His defense is fantastic. He also said that he spotted something and tried it yesterday and it clicked in 4th at bat. However, we have heard similar things from him in past. He came up and hit and can't seem to get back to that stance and swing.

It actually seems to be getting rid of that loop and trying to go to right center or center
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:56 am

Frank, I see a guy that just wants to pull everything and has no clue what to do with a pitch away on the black or off the plate.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:08 am

frank bonifacic wrote:I still am a fan. His defense is fantastic. He also said that he spotted something and tried it yesterday and it clicked in 4th at bat. However, we have heard similar things from him in past. He came up and hit and can't seem to get back to that stance and swing.

It actually seems to be getting rid of that loop and trying to go to right center or center

I know I'm just a dumb, middle aged guy at a computer, but I can't help but think how much better Beckham might be if he's stop with that noisy-assed pre-swing load he does with his hands and his bat. If I'm a hitting coach, I'm begging him to settle the hands down and gently lift them a little bit upward and a little bit backward during the pre-swing load, along with settling down his front foot lift. I teach my kids to imagine a rope that connects the left/front foot to the hands during the batting stance, and to lift the hands and foot in the same upward and backward direction in a manner such that the rope would remain taught. I've had nothing but success with the kids that can employ that strategy. If Beck used that imaginary rope, it would fall and take a lot of slack.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:17 am

Tank Viciedo wrote:Frank, I see a guy that just wants to pull everything and has no clue what to do with a pitch away on the black or off the plate.

I agree. I don't know why he can't look at films of his first year. EVERYTHING was hit from left center to right center and most of those were line drives. If he kept hitting those, enough of them would leave the park.
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:23 pm

Why come out in the press and say they won't renew the guy's option? Go talk to his agent or whatever. We don't need to know until a deal is done . . . or not done. This shouldn't even be a topic of conversation until after the season is over.

I'm guessing this is Williams and his staff shooting off their pie holes again.
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:50 pm

Speaking of RISP performance, here's an interesting comparison.

The Yankees have a team batting average of .268. Sox are at .258

Yankees have an OBP of .335. Sox are at .320

Yankees have an OPS of .793. Sox are only .742

And yet, the Sox have scored only nine fewer runs than the Yankees this season, because they hit so much better with runners in scoring position. The Yankees hit worse when men are in scoring position than when they aren't (.245 vs .270). The White Sox hit much better with men in scoring position (.291 vs. .248). In the case of the Yankees, this may just be a statistical fluke. Some of the best hitters in baseball are on that team. But the White Sox disparity between the two situations has been so wide and has gone on for so long, I'm beginning to believe in it. Maybe these guys just bring a better game to the plate in critical situations.
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:02 pm

A combination of two factors is killing beckham. (a) He's trying to pull everything. (b) He's standing a mile away from the plate.

This guy is chasing the world's record for easy groundouts to the shortstop.

On that home run, I saw nothing different. He was a mile from the plate. He tried to pull the ball. In that one instance, he was lucky enough to get a pitch on the inner half. Otherwise, he would have hit a grounder to the shortstop again.

I don't care what Gordon says he figured out. Until I start seeing line drives to the right of center, I'll figure he still has his head up his ass.

winstonage
    Andy the Clown

Post by winstonage on Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:45 pm

jfraser375 wrote:A combination of two factors is killing beckham. (a) He's trying to pull everything. (b) He's standing a mile away from the plate.

This guy is chasing the world's record for easy groundouts to the shortstop.

On that home run, I saw nothing different. He was a mile from the plate. He tried to pull the ball. In that one instance, he was lucky enough to get a pitch on the inner half. Otherwise, he would have hit a grounder to the shortstop again.

I don't care what Gordon says he figured out. Until I start seeing line drives to the right of center, I'll figure he still has his head up his ass.

I think he is thinking too much at the plate, if he would just concentrate on one thing, which is just go with the pitch, everything else could work out. He should be a right and center field hitter, and a doubles machine. He should just watch Konerko.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:42 pm