Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Now I know why I read so slowly

alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Now I know why I read so slowly

Post by alohafri on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:04 am

I have a bad habit of reading two or three books at a time. I finally finished two and have moved on. One is a book called Sinner by Lino Rulli. Lino hosts a show on Siriux/XM called "The Catholic Guy." This is nothing like you would think. He hilariously looks at his lifelong struggles with being a kid who grows up Catholic and remains to this day. This is a regular guy, not someone who was paid by the church to write a book to convert people to Catholicism. If you grew up Catholic, are Catholic, or think you understand what it is to be Catholic, it is a funny and fast read.

The other book I just finished is great for anyone who is in charge of groups of people. In Wooden on Leadership, John Wooden discusses his ways of motivating his great UCLA Bruins teams of the past. Some would read this and think, "that's too old school to try to use today." Time will tell as I am going to try some of his methods in my classroom this year.

Now, off to start reading Moon, a biography of the late, great Keith Moon, and Henry Clay-The Essential American, one of my heroes in American history.

Current date/time is Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:28 pm