Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Twins Liriano

Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Twins Liriano

Post by Nomads44 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:12 pm

Sox just got him for Escobar and a PTBNL.

Pretty amazing. Hope he has a fine second half. Danks may not return.

Re: Twins Liriano

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:14 pm

Nomads44 wrote:Sox just got him for Escobar and a PTBNL.

Pretty amazing. Hope he has a fine second half. Danks may not return.

Escobar and Pedro hernandez..lefty pitcher
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:15 pm

Hernandez was up and pitched maybe a couple weeks ago and really got hammered in a start. I liked the way he battled, but definitely looks like another steal for Kenny.
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:20 pm

Nomads44 wrote:Hernandez was up and pitched maybe a couple weeks ago and really got hammered in a start. I liked the way he battled, but definitely looks like another steal for Kenny.

Definitely a case where the Sox TAKE a contract and tells us that Danks is probably done for the year. Amazing we can make a trade like this.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:29 pm

sox55 wrote:
    Nomads44 wrote:Hernandez was up and pitched maybe a couple weeks ago and really got hammered in a start. I liked the way he battled, but definitely looks like another steal for Kenny.

Definitely a case where the Sox TAKE a contract and tells us that Danks is probably done for the year. Amazing we can make a trade like this.

Hasn't Liriano sucked this year? Are we supposed to be excited?
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:35 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    sox55 wrote:

I unnderstand what you are saying but, for what we gave up (and I like Escobar)and seeing that Danks is probably done (word of season ending surgery was just suggested) Liriano's past performance suggests that this is a good move.

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:37 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    sox55 wrote:

Thats what I was thinking ..he hasn't been decent since he had elbow surgery. One of the few guys who had tommy john and hasn't come back to where he was.
    jfraser375
    Cash/Callison Fan Club President

Post by jfraser375 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:51 pm

This Liriano move is the type of trade that seemed like the best option for the Sox -- pick up a 5th starter cheap who is likely to win more games than Humber/Axelrod. I'm not a big fan of Liriano because of his control issues, but the Sox weren't in a position to land Cy Young. Other than the pounding by the White Sox a week ago, he has done well in his last eleven starts.
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:52 pm

Funny thing about this trade is the Sox could use Lillibridge now!
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:59 pm

I think Liriano has blown kind of hot and cold. Certainly not the force he used to be but I'm willing to give him a chance. What pisses me off about this whole thing is how the Danks situation has been handled in typical White Sox fashion. Hell, everybody on this board KNEW this was serious...especially when he was suffering "setbacks". I hate how this organization plays us for stupid. The guy is probably going to have to go under the knife and we said that over a month ago. I know I mentioned it. And what's up with this team's fucking medical staff? It's taken them over 2 months to figure out what's wrong?? One thing that hurts this team's credibility is that you can't trust a goddam thing they say.

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:46 am

jfraser375 wrote:Funny thing about this trade is the Sox could use Lillibridge now!

No they couldn't ...stop that thinking RIGHT NOW YOUNG MAN!
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:01 am

WOWEE!!!!!

WHY DIDN'T THE TWINS THROW IN BLACKBURN?

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:13 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    sox55 wrote:

K/9 OVER 1. H/9 UNDER 1. LOOKS LIKE THE PITCHING EQUIVALENT OF YOUKLIS TO THE KARK.

KENNY IS THE GREATEST GM OF MY LIFE AND IS PROVING IT THIS YEAR

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:19 am

Cream1953 wrote:I think Liriano has blown kind of hot and cold. Certainly not the force he used to be but I'm willing to give him a chance. What pisses me off about this whole thing is how the Danks situation has been handled in typical White Sox fashion. Hell, everybody on this board KNEW this was serious...especially when he was suffering "setbacks". I hate how this organization plays us for stupid. The guy is probably going to have to go under the knife and we said that over a month ago. I know I mentioned it. And what's up with this team's fucking medical staff? It's taken them over 2 months to figure out what's wrong?? One thing that hurts this team's credibility is that you can't trust a goddam thing they say.

HEY SLIM JIM PHANTOM

THE SOX ARE BUILDING BACK UP THEIR LEAD AND HAVE THE MAGIC NUMBER DOWN TO 60 AS THEY SHOW THEY ARE MORE THEN CAPABLE OF HANDLING PROBABLE PALYOFF OPPONENT TEXAS!!!!!

SO THEY MADE A MISTAKE OF CHOOSING DANKS OVER BUEHRLE. JUST LOOK HOW THEY HAVE MADE UP FOR THAT MISTAKE. FIRST PLACE MR NAYSAYER.

IT HASN'T BEEN PERFECT BUT WILLIAMS AND VENTURA HAVE DONE A HELL OF A JOB IN 2012. JUST 5 MONTHS AGO, EVERYBODY EXPECTED AT LEAST 3 YEARS OF HELL. INSTEAD WE HAVE THE MOST EXCITING TEAM SINCE 2005 AND THIS TEAM IS JUST AS CAPABLE AS THAT TEAM.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD SIT BACK AND REALIZE HOW GOOD THIS TEAM REALLY IS INSTEAD OF STALKING ME IN BLAGO'S CELL
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:37 am

sox55 wrote:

I AM SIMPLY AMAZED!!!

IT IS LIKE THE SOX GOT SANDY KOUFAX AND NOT SOME WASHED UP GUY WHO IS 3-10 WITH A 5.31 E.R.A.!!!

DID YOU ORDER YOUR LIRIANO JERSEY YET???

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

IT'S ALL GOOOOODDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!

BELIEVE!
    SPANK!!!!
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:05 am

jfraser375 wrote:Funny thing about this trade is the Sox could use Lillibridge now!

Which means we are stuck with Orlando Hudson as our back up infielder. OUTSTANDING! Send the playoff invoices!

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:30 am

Which means we are stuck with Orlando Hudson as our back up infielder. OUTSTANDING! Send the playoff invoices![/quote]

Who's the backup SS? Beckham?
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:39 am

Who's the backup SS? Beckham?

****************************************************************************************************************************

Oaf.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:40 am

Cream1953 wrote:Who's the backup SS? Beckham?

****************************************************************************************************************************

Oaf.

That tastes worse than Malort!
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:42 am

Cream1953 wrote:Who's the backup SS? Beckham?

Oaf.

JOHN!
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:54 am

Good point being made on The Score this morning regarding Kenny's mid-season trades this year. He filled three holes (Youk, Myers, Liriaono) and gave up nothing but low-level prospects and scrubs in return.

Just goes to show, if you keep Williams on a tight reign and don't let him spend much money, he can make some pretty decent moves. Yeah, Liriano is highly inconsistent and could turn out to be a scrub. Orlando Hudson was. But nothing is being given up for these guys.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:10 pm

And NOTHING will probably remain after November.
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:42 pm

Who cares about November? Clearly these have been Win Now moves, but moves that didn't cost anything. Thank heavens Kenny didn't get Greinke. He would have given up a lot for that guy, with a highly questionable return.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:06 pm

HELL YES!!!

A pitcher who is 3-10 with possible arm problems and terrible mechanics is the absolute WIN NOW Cat's Meow!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:31 pm