Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Sunday lineup

jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Sunday lineup

Post by jaywit on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:18 pm

21 hits ain't bad for a Sunday lineup. Still don't see why the Sox must have a minimum of three subs whenever anyone is subbed. It makes me wonder if this truly is a top down edict. Or, is Robin that unimaginative that he copies Ozzie's practice? I don't follow other teams closely enough but do any other teams do this. I see enough of Seattle but they're so bad that it's difficult to say when they have the "A" team playing.

I was glad to see Paulie out and wouldn't mind seeing him out a little longer, especially if his hand is bothering him. A few seasons ago when he had an off year, it came out that his hand was hurting. If his BA and production continue to plummet, now would be a great time to rest it for two weeks including sitting out the All-Star game and then come back for a strong second half. That's what I would expect from a team captain who's playing injured.
    jfraser375
    Cash/Callison Fan Club President

Re: Sunday lineup

Post by jfraser375 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:23 pm

Presuming he needs some sort of bone-spur removal procedure, how long would he be out? Six weeks? That might be better than the sort of bad half-season he's shown before when trying to play through injuries.
    jfraser375
    Cash/Callison Fan Club President

Post by jfraser375 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:23 pm

Regarding today's lineup, I've liked what I've seen of Danks so far.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:42 pm

jaywit wrote:21 hits ain't bad for a Sunday lineup. Still don't see why the Sox must have a minimum of three subs whenever anyone is subbed. It makes me wonder if this truly is a top down edict. Or, is Robin that unimaginative that he copies Ozzie's practice?

And if I'm not mistaken, Ozzie was just copying Manuel's practice, which leads me to believe it is a top down edict.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:19 pm

jfraser375 wrote:Regarding today's lineup, I've liked what I've seen of Danks so far.
    I agree and pleasantly surprised. He's doing as well as he was with triple A pitching. Also, it gives the Sox an option of allowing Konerko to rest and recoup without putting a huge hole in the lineup.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:26 pm

jaywit wrote:
    jfraser375 wrote:Regarding today's lineup, I've liked what I've seen of Danks so far.
    I agree and pleasantly surprised. He's doing as well as he was with triple A pitching. Also, it gives the Sox an option of allowing Konerko to rest and recoup without putting a huge hole in the lineup.

If was really good, there would have been a daily "Jordan Danks Watch" in the Tribune.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:48 pm

jaywit wrote:21 hits ain't bad for a Sunday lineup. Still don't see why the Sox must have a minimum of three subs whenever anyone is subbed. It makes me wonder if this truly is a top down edict. Or, is Robin that unimaginative that he copies Ozzie's practice? I don't follow other teams closely enough but do any other teams do this. I see enough of Seattle but they're so bad that it's difficult to say when they have the "A" team playing.

I was glad to see Paulie out and wouldn't mind seeing him out a little longer, especially if his hand is bothering him. A few seasons ago when he had an off year, it came out that his hand was hurting. If his BA and production continue to plummet, now would be a great time to rest it for two weeks including sitting out the All-Star game and then come back for a strong second half. That's what I would expect from a team captain who's playing injured.

That was my first thought too. But then realized subs were all left handed batters (well Hudson SB) But Escobar and Danks who then go with DeAza, AJ and Dunn. And your righties were Alxei, Youkilis and Rios. Not a bad group to go against Minn RH pitcher

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:38 pm