Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Could never understand ...

Could never understand ...

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:13 pm

Why a starter's replacement needs to automatically, bat in that person's spot in the batting order?

First off, it's Friday night, bigger than usual crowd, why rest one of your more exciting players, i.e. D'Aza (unless I missed an injury). However, even if you do rest him, do you have to insert the "can't hit my mother's curve ball" Lillibridge in the leadoff spot? What? The CF HAS to bat lead off this year?? Why not move Alexei there for a night? or even Hudson for god's sake?..Lillibridge should never bat higher than 9th.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Re: Could never understand ...

Post by frank bonifacic on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:55 pm

Chi-kid wrote:
    Why a starter's replacement needs to automatically, bat in that person's spot in the batting order?

First off, it's Friday night, bigger than usual crowd, why rest one of your more exciting players, i.e. D'Aza (unless I missed an injury). However, even if you do rest him, do you have to insert the "can't hit my mother's curve ball" Lillibridge in the leadoff spot? What? The CF HAS to bat lead off this year?? Why not move Alexei there for a night? or even Hudson for god's sake?..Lillibridge should never bat higher than 9th.

Hey, c'mon. Take it easy on Lilly. He may have gone 0-4 but at least he tried to get that runner at home when there were men on 1st and 3rd and 1 out. He didn't wimp out and throw to second to stop the hitter from getting there. And he didn't throw to third when there was a runner heading home- even tho he might have thrown out the runner at third.

And did you see how he made sure that some lily-livered infielder couldn't cut off the ball and not go after the runner attempting to score.

Give him some credit!!!
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:59 pm

How soon we forget Lilly's amazing contribution to last year's wonderful team that was only one Sergio Santos save away from being world champions.
    jfraser375
    Cash/Callison Fan Club President

Post by jfraser375 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:58 am

Give him props for a great catch in center. Lilli is just like Floyd. Multi-million dollar talent and a ten cent brain.

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:22 am

Chi-kid wrote:

BECAUSE THE REST OF THE TEAM IS HITTING SO WELL IN THEIR ASSIGNED SLOTS THAT IT WOULD BE BAD JUJU TO MOVE THEM. THIS AIN'T STRATOMATIC. THESE ARE SENSITIVE DIVAS. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT SLIGHT CHANGE CAN UPSET THEIR DELICATE PSYCHE AND THROW THEM INTO A MONTH LONG SLUMP
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:12 am

jfraser375 wrote:Give him props for a great catch in center. Lilli is just like Floyd. Multi-million dollar talent and a ten cent brain.
    He got a great jump on that ball. Still, I'd say he's a multi-hundred thousand dollar talent instead of multi-million. What does he make?
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:29 am

What does he make?

**************************************************************************************************

A hell of a lot more than he should.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:30 am

jfraser375 wrote:Give him props for a great catch in center. Lilli is just like Floyd. Multi-million dollar talent and a ten cent brain.

That really was a good catch.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:46 am