Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Who's games has he been watching ?

TeleFrank
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Who's games has he been watching ?

Post by TeleFrank on Sat May 09, 2009 9:08 am

AJ quoted in the Trib
    "There's no need to say again," said Pierzynski, who finished 0-for-3 as the White Sox managed just four singles. "The guy pitched good. I'm tired of people blaming the offense, and I'm tired of you guys saying this offense stinks. This offense is pretty darn good. It won the division last year. We have good hitters -- big league hitters. The bottom line is we didn't get any hits tonight."

Big case of denial going on here. What he fails to mention that last years juggerNOT is not the team on the field. Yet they sure seem similar don't they.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Who's games has he been watching ?

Post by Cream1953 on Sun May 10, 2009 5:03 pm

Yet another jaw-dropping display of offensive fireworks from our beloved team. Weekend HOME series against that perrenial league power, the Texas Rangers, and their traditionally overwhelming pitching staff. Edge of your seat baseball. For the record...the total White Sox offensive stats for the ENTIRE weekend: Four runs (one unearned) on 13 hits. The only question remaining is if there is ANY pitching staff out there that can corral this stampeding herd?

I'm guessing fist-fights are breaking out all across the country between pitchers in our opponent's locker rooms over who now gets to take the mound against the White Sox.

TLK32752
    Joe Borchard's Teammate

Post by TLK32752 on Sun May 10, 2009 6:28 pm

TeleFrank wrote:AJ quoted in the Trib
    "There's no need to say again," said Pierzynski, who finished 0-for-3 as the White Sox managed just four singles. "The guy pitched good. I'm tired of people blaming the offense, and I'm tired of you guys saying this offense stinks. This offense is pretty darn good. It won the division last year. We have good hitters -- big league hitters. The bottom line is we didn't get any hits tonight."

Big case of denial going on here. What he fails to mention that last years juggerNOT is not the team on the field. Yet they sure seem similar don't they.

Two stinking hits on Sunday. But even with that, we would have won if Colon had thrown a no-hitter. Is Carl Everett still available?

Post by Guest on Sun May 10, 2009 6:57 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Yet another jaw-dropping display of offensive fireworks from our beloved team. Weekend HOME series against that perrenial league power, the Texas Rangers, and their traditionally overwhelming pitching staff. Edge of your seat baseball. For the record...the total White Sox offensive stats for the ENTIRE weekend: Four runs (one unearned) on 13 hits. The only question remaining is if there is ANY pitching staff out there that can corral this stampeding herd?

I'm guessing fist-fights are breaking out all across the country between pitchers in our opponent's locker rooms over who now gets to take the mound against the White Sox.
    How soon we forget that breathtaking "Pennant Race" of 2008!!!!!

Post by Guest on Sun May 10, 2009 7:06 pm

Sounds like Coach Fanboy wrote A.J.'s rant.
    The dumbest thing for these overpaid entertainers to do in this HOOTERVILLE OF A CHEERLEADER METROPOLIS is to rip the media and fans.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Mon May 11, 2009 9:41 am

TLK32752 wrote:

Two stinking hits on Sunday. But even with that, we would have won if Colon had thrown a no-hitter. Is Carl Everett still available?
    Colon was a long way from throwing a no-hitter.. While Hawk was complaining all game long after the 5th inning about the pitch that should have been called a strike that opened the floodgates for the Rangers, reality is that Colon rarely was over 89 mph on his FB, couldn't locate it well, and really had no offspeed stuff to keep opponents honest with. He looks to be hanging on by a thread, and teams with decent offenses are going to have their big innings on them.

Post by Guest on Mon May 11, 2009 11:25 am

Bobbyrosebowl wrote:
    Cream1953 wrote:Yet another jaw-dropping display of offensive fireworks from our beloved team. Weekend HOME series against that perrenial league power, the Texas Rangers, and their traditionally overwhelming pitching staff. Edge of your seat baseball. For the record...the total White Sox offensive stats for the ENTIRE weekend: Four runs (one unearned) on 13 hits. The only question remaining is if there is ANY pitching staff out there that can corral this stampeding herd?

How soon we forget that breathtaking "Pennant Race" of 2008!!!!!

Nice picture Bobby

Is that a young Barack Hussein Obama or your latest client?

TLK32752
    Joe Borchard's Teammate

Post by TLK32752 on Mon May 11, 2009 3:33 pm

rmapasad wrote:
    TLK32752 wrote:

Colon was a long way from throwing a no-hitter.. While Hawk was complaining all game long after the 5th inning about the pitch that should have been called a strike that opened the floodgates for the Rangers, reality is that Colon rarely was over 89 mph on his FB, couldn't locate it well, and really had no offspeed stuff to keep opponents honest with. He looks to be hanging on by a thread, and teams with decent offenses are going to have their big innings on them.

I agree, Colon was, and is, a long way from a no-hitter. Thought you'd have detected the sarcasm in that one, especially inquiring as to the availability of Crazy Carl Everett. However, Ill give Crazy Carl this: when presented with the opportunities with men in scoring position, he did drive home the runs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:42 pm