Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

3B Available - MAYBE Cheap

Nomads44
    Roof Shot

3B Available - MAYBE Cheap

Post by Nomads44 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:37 pm

Please note I am not pushing this, just suggesting I will not be surprised if it happens.

Reds about ready to activate Scott Rolen. Todd Frazier has been on a terror the last several weeks, with surprising power to many.

If Morel done for the year, and Hudson not cutting it for some (maybe Kenny as well), and Floyd and Humber wearing out their welcome, how many would be against a straight up Rolen for either Floyd or Humber deal?

With Danks coming off the DL soon and Quintana deserving more time, I think I could live with this one.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: 3B Available - MAYBE Cheap

Post by Cream1953 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:59 pm

With Danks coming off the DL soon

**********************************************************************************************

I wouldn't count on that happening with the way things are going. On the other hand, if they bid farewell to Floyd I can sure live with that. I'm tired of seeing his candy ass ruin games before they are 3 innings old.

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:01 pm

If Morel done for the year, and Hudson not cutting it for some (maybe Kenny as well), and Floyd and Humber wearing out their welcome, how many would be against a straight up Rolen for either Floyd or Humber deal?

The Reds Organization, at least publicly, LOVE Rolen..both on and off the field. Not sure they would trade him not only b/c of that, but they are going for it this year too and will likely be buyers, not dumping a guy who can help them.
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:06 pm

Chi-kid wrote:

The Reds Organization, at least publicly, LOVE Rolen..both on and off the field. Not sure they would trade him not only b/c of that, but they are going for it this year too and will likely be buyers, not dumping a guy who can help them.

Thanks for the Reds feedback. Not up to snuff on other clubs like I used to be. Is their pitching okay?

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:40 pm

Thanks for the Reds feedback. Not up to snuff on other clubs like I used to be. Is their pitching okay?

They are like the Sox...they have Cueto, who can be great on days, and good on others, and Latos, who is thought to have #1 stuff. Their other guys - Arroyo (who is a never know what you are going to get guy), Leake and Homer Bailey. Bailey is someone who is like Floyd. Can give you a HOF game, and then look like crap. Everyone can use pitching, but again, I doubt they would give a guy like Rolen for a Floyd b/c I don't think they would think its an upgrade.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:23 am

Instead of thinking like the goof Kenny Williams or like a Cub Fan from the 1960s, why not figure out who the Reds have in their system and propose trading Rent a Jakemeister!
    Funny, in an economically depressed area like Detroit, people buy tickets and you have an owner that will spend money because he feels he has a MORAL OBLIGATION to provide entertainment in tough times. My guess is the Tigers will make major moves.
    Meanwhile we are stuck with another season of Win Now and screaming about writers who don't know exactly who replaced who in the pitching rotation.
    FUN, ISN'T IT??????
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:37 am

Tank Viciedo wrote:Instead of thinking like the goof Kenny Williams or like a Cub Fan from the 1960s, why not figure out who the Reds have in their system and propose trading Rent a Jakemeister!

Great idea, Bob. I love those types of trades. But the sense I get from this and other Sox boards is that all we have are stiffs. No one will pay for Dunn or Peavy or Rios. They are too good to just give away. The prospects I'd love to get from the Reds or anyone else's system I think would be more than a Peavy or Dunn or Rios would bring. Guys like "sliding" Billy Hamilton - on pace for OVER 150 SB already - I think he is at 75 or even higher. OF like Chris Heisey who has fallen out of favor. Jay Bruce and Drew Stubbs surely unreachable. But if the Reds would send Hamilton and Heisey for any of the three mentioned above, I'd do it in a heartbeat. You always say, when we suggest such type trades, that we have to remember other GM's are not stupid. We may have the market cornered on that one. If the Reds want to keep Rolen over Frazier, fine, send us Frazier for a Floyd or a Danks or a Humber. We could certainly use him and one of those P's HAS to go.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:49 am

Jim, I think Danks is hurt to a degree they have not divulged.
    Maybe some N.L. scout thinks Floyd or Humber could fare better in the N.L.
    I think the Yankees or Boston...maybe the Phillies would give quality for Peavy.
    The Yankees, Philadelphia, Boston, the Dodgers with new ownership, and the Giants are realistic WIN NOW teams annually.
    Not the goof White Sox.
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:55 am

Speaking of Danks.... Brother Jordan was supposedly one of our best outfielders being developed. What the heck possessed him to try that catch yesterday? I was surprised he was not demoted immediately. That was not even a rookie mistake. You learn that in high school for Pete's sake. Gave the game away on a silver platter, IMO. I was only hoping they could pull a White Sox strand em on 3rd with less that two out routine. Se seem to have cornered the market pretty well on that, too.

Add Jordan Danks to any package now. Maybe someone can use him. He became Brian Anderson for me with that play. Will take a slew of great plays to make up for that. Did not show me a lot of speed on it, either. I hope I am wrong. Maybe he lost it in the lights or the white shirts. Does anyone even wear white shirts to ball games anymore?
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:01 am

Nomads44 wrote:Speaking of Danks.... Brother Jordan was supposedly one of our best outfielders being developed. What the heck possessed him to try that catch yesterday? I was surprised he was not demoted immediately. That was not even a rookie mistake. You learn that in high school for Pete's sake. Gave the game away on a silver platter, IMO. I was only hoping they could pull a White Sox strand em on 3rd with less that two out routine. Se seem to have cornered the market pretty well on that, too.

Add Jordan Danks to any package now. Maybe someone can use him. He became Brian Anderson for me with that play. Will take a slew of great plays to make up for that. Did not show me a lot of speed on it, either. I hope I am wrong. Maybe he lost it in the lights or the white shirts. Does anyone even wear white shirts to ball games anymore?

One thing I did agree with Rongey on last night was when he blamed it on youthful exhuberance. He was imagining the accolades after a game-saving catch. A rookie error that I can overlook.
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:20 am

alohafri wrote:One thing I did agree with Rongey on last night was when he blamed it on youthful exhuberance. He was imagining the accolades after a game-saving catch. A rookie error that I can overlook.

Et Tu!
    jfraser375
    Cash/Callison Fan Club President

Post by jfraser375 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:16 pm

Yeah, I had the same reaction, Nomads. Skully had said earlier that Danks was considered the best outfielder in the entire White Sox system.

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:38 pm

Instead of thinking like the goof Kenny Williams or like a Cub Fan from the 1960s, why not figure out who the Reds have in their system and propose trading Rent a Jakemeister!

Mainly b/c Jim asked about the Reds' pitching, not about their minor league system.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:38 pm