Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Greg Infante

Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Greg Infante

Post by Nomads44 on Thu May 07, 2009 6:01 pm

Nice article in today's Baseball America about a kid pitcher I had not heard of before. Greg Infante, a 21-yr old Venezuelan who signed in 2006. Says he has an inventory of pitches that could make him a middle-of=the-rotation starter for Sox. 92-93 MPH fastbasll, spiking to 95-96 that he can maintain well into his starts. A big curveball that is a solid second pitch. Needs to improve his changeup.

He recently no-hit Asheville (low Class A) for six IP with 11 K and two walks. Followed that up with another six scoreless innings aganinst Lexington and was 1-0 with a 0.75 ERA after four starts.

Ozzie says in the spring, he looked good, not afraid to throw a strike to a big-league hitter.

Someone to put on my minor league radar for the next year or two. We really NEED some of our young pitching to come through soon. Article also mentions Justin Cassel and Santo Luis, Clevelan Santeliz and Lucas Harrell. I think our spring training expedition boys came back with good reports on Cassel. The other three, I had not heard much about, but I thought I saw Harrell once and was not impressed at all. Did he get a cup of coffee with the Sox last September perhaps?

Current date/time is Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:01 pm