Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Trouble for Hawk?

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Trouble for Hawk?

Post by frank bonifacic on Wed May 30, 2012 7:53 pm

Were talkikng on Score as to whether action would be taken against Hawk for his rant about ump when Quintana tossed. Said you have to be flipping kidding me. Talk about these "guys" need to be held accountable. Sais have an ump who "obviously knows nothing about baseball.

They were wondering if anyhting could be done but seem to feel since Hawk not employed by MLB, only thing they could do is "suggest" that Sox do something.

Plesac on MLB said ump HAD to as when Rays hit AJ, teams were even-said AJ's slide Tuesday was late and dirty. Other commentator said that when he saw Quintana tossed assumed that warning was given when AJ hit. Then said if not shoiuld have been warning to Quintana
    jfraser375
    Cash/Callison Fan Club President

Re: Trouble for Hawk?

Post by jfraser375 on Wed May 30, 2012 8:12 pm

Saw AJ's slide last night. He didn't do himself proud. I'm not surprised they plunked him today.

Also heard the replay of Hawk's rant. This was far more personal than I've ever heard him go after anyone. Basically said that the ump should be suspended and sent back to school to learn what the game is all about. (What is the game all about? If we asked Hawk, the answer might sound like something Al might say. I picture a couple neanderthals puffing out their chests and head-butting each other, then having a beer and laughing it off. In Hawk's world, that's probably what the game is all about)

What's missed in all of this is how good Quintana looked again. I'm in absolutely no hurry to see Danks come back. Somehow this team is pitching rich even after losing Buehrle and the immortal Sergio Santos.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Wed May 30, 2012 8:17 pm

jfraser375 wrote:Saw AJ's slide last night. He didn't do himself proud. I'm not surprised they plunked him today.

Also heard the replay of Hawk's rant. This was far more personal than I've ever heard him go after anyone. Basically said that the ump should be suspended and sent back to school to learn what the game is all about. (What is the game all about? If we asked Hawk, the answer might sound like something Al might say. I picture a couple neanderthals puffing out their chests and head-butting each other, then having a beer and laughing it off. In Hawk's world, that's probably what the game is all about)

What's missed in all of this is how good Quintana looked again. I'm in absolutely no hurry to see Danks come back. Somehow this team is pitching rich even after losing Buehrle and the immortal Sergio Santos.

Speaking of... Marlins are 5-0 in Buerhle's last five starts and MArk is 4-0. But I certainly agree with you about Quintana. Seems to have no fear. All in all a pleasnat season thus far.
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Wed May 30, 2012 9:56 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:
    jfraser375 wrote:Saw AJ's slide last night. He didn't do himself proud. I'm not surprised they plunked him today.

Speaking of... Marlins are 5-0 in Buerhle's last five starts and MArk is 4-0. But I certainly agree with you about Quintana. Seems to have no fear. All in all a pleasnat season thus far.

I think he is good enough to keep on the MLB roster. Dump Ohman when Danks comes back.

Post by Guest on Wed May 30, 2012 10:10 pm

(What is the game all about? If we asked Hawk, the answer might sound like something Al might say. I picture a couple neanderthals puffing out their chests and head-butting each other, then having a beer and laughing it off. In Hawk's world, that's probably what the game is all about)

Its always said that the difference between a MLB pitcher and a AAA pitcher is usually control and command. If a major league pitcher misses a batter he is throwing at, he didn't really want to hit him, especially when he throws it behind his knees. Not exactly sure what Quintana did, did anything except show he didn't really want to hit the guy, AND, cost the Sox their starting pitcher, which could have cost them the game. Since the pitcher doesn't hit, does retaliation in the AL stop anything else from happening?
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu May 31, 2012 7:10 am

I heard just as bad on the Phils/Nats radio broadcast. Whoever the Phils announcer was went on for 2 innings, even saying, "no, I don't like this guy" (the umps name escapes me at the time). I'm sure Harry caray and Jimmy Piersall said much worse back in the day.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:52 am